Living in the United States
Links to information relevant for Canadians living in the U.S.
- Need a visa for the United States? Contact the visa section of the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Have questions about United States entry requirements?
- Cross the Canada-U.S. border often? Apply for a NEXUS card
- Have questions about your Canadian and U.S. pension? Contact Service Canadaand the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Have questions on federal voting eligibility abroad?
- Have questions about Canadian and U.S. taxation? Contact Canada Revenue Agency and the Internal Revenue Service
- If you are a Canadian-born First Nations you may benefit from provisions of the Jay Treaty.
- Be prepared! Know the emergency services available from state and federal authorities in the United States
Up-to-the minute information about security, entry/exit requirements, health and important travel issues.
Contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa anytime.
- 1-888-949-9993 (from US and Bermuda)
- 1-888-772-6448 (from Puerto Rico)
- 1-866-600-0184 (from US Virgin Islands)
- 613-996-8885 (call collect where available)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Modified: