Returning to Canada
Many government agencies at the federal, provincial/territorial, and municipal levels deliver programs and services to Canadians.
Service Canada offers single-window access to the range of Government of Canada programs and services for citizens. Information can also be obtained from the official government websites of Canada's provinces and territories.
The links below offer pertinent information to help ease your return to Canada:
- Moving back to Canada? Canada Border Services Agency has developed a guide to help ease your return to Canada.
- Documents required for entry in Canada
- Need to obtain a birth certificate, marriage certificate or death certificate from Canada? Consult the appropriate provincial or territorial Web site for application procedures
- Have questions about health insurance in Canada? Contact the appropriate provincial or territorial Web site for application procedures
- Need to file taxes in Canada?
- Need to obtain a verification of status (VOS) or replacement of an immigration document for your pension application?
Consular sections in the US do not have any further information on VOS or replacement of an immigration document
- Need to obtain a criminal record check or a pardon?
Consular sections in the US do not provide fingerprinting services
- Bringing a pet or plants back to Canada?
- Have questions about pension in Quebec?
Income Security Programs :
Contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa anytime.
- 1-888-949-9993 (from US and Bermuda)
- 1-888-772-6448 (from Puerto Rico)
- 1-866-600-0184 (from US Virgin Islands)
- 613-996-8885 (call collect where available)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Modified: